M'steel Round Frying Pan, Steel Handle, 9.5"
DescriptionThe collection M'steel is made of black steel (carbon steel) that has excellent heat conduction. The M'steel collection has the same concept as a cast iron pan - It's what the French Mama's use instead of cast iron.
M'steel Carbon Steel Skillets are recommended by Cook's Illustrated
- Black steel (carbon steel)
- Excellent heat conduction
- High density material, does not retain odors
- Withstands high temps so allows longer preheating - killer searing - seals in nutrients and flavors
- Black finish - part of final heat treatment in manufacturing process (changes color when heated and over time)
- After seasoning it acquire natural non-stick properties
- Safe at very high temperatures and metal utensils
- Lighter than cast iron
- Commercial grade durable product
- Hand wash - with hot water immediately after use & then wipe immediately with paper towel, store in dry place
- Made in France
The beeswax is used to prevent the pan from rusting and to save time when seasoning. Prior to first use, clean the pan with very hot water to remove the beeswax from the entire pan. If at first use, you notice any wax residue, use a paper towel to wipe your hot pan clean or heat your pan on a baking sheet in the oven at 200 degrees and when pan is hot, wipe clean.
Seasoning, cover the bottom of the pan with flavorless oil and heat for 5 minutes. Let the pan cool before draining the oil, and then wipe clean with paper towels. Repeat the process a second time and your pan is ready for use. After this process, the pan will acquire a natural nonstick property and darken over time. After cooking, wash the pan in hot water, wipe with a soft sponge and dry thoroughly. Do not use dish soap and do not remove the black layer that forms at the bottom of the pan, it will make a solid film and create a non-stick surface. Dry thoroughly to prevent rusting and store in a dry area. The pan will darken with use, creating a naturally nonstick surface.